Australia One Update - 19 February 2018
19 February 2018
- Vision Commitment & Covenant Renewal cards
- THQ Strategy & Roadmap Gatherings
- Gender Equity Update
Vision Commitment and Covenant Renewal Cards
On Sunday March 18th and Monday March 19th, all Salvos are invited to participate in a National day of Vision Commitment and Covenant Renewal.
Please note that all vision commitment and covenant renewal cards will be printed and sent out. There will be no cost to corps or centres and you do not need to place orders. To assist you in your planning, a preview of each of the cards has been made available in the Vision Booster Pack, folder 12, “PREVIEW ONLY – Vision commitment and covenant renewal cards”.
THQ Strategy and Roadmap Gatherings
All THQ Officers and employees will now have received an invitation to attend a strategy and roadmap gathering.
If you have questions about the strategy or roadmap, please send them to the A1 Inbox. The most frequently asked questions will be answered at the gathering. Any questions not answered at the gathering will receive a response via the A1 Inbox.
While there will be no major new announcements made on this day, the focus will be on what the national strategy is. An update will also be given on the department design roadmap.
Officers and employees who are not based at THQ are welcome to attend via the live stream link.
Wednesday February 28, Blackburn THQ
10:15am – 11:00am Presentation
11:00am – 11:30am Q & A
(Live stream at salvostudios.com/live)
Thursday March 1, Redfern THQ
10:30am – 11:15am Presentation
11:15am – 11:45am Q&A
(Live stream at others.org.au/live)
Stay tuned for more information.
Gender Equity Update
The Gender Equity Plan was first presented to The Salvation Army’s International Management Council in London, by Commissioner Tracey Tidd in April 2017. The Gender Equity Plan seeks to “address systematic gender inequality, including that faced by women officers” through the appointment of a National Gender Equity Advocate, and a Gender Equity committee.
The goal of this work is to establish a culture of equity in which biblical teaching and Salvation Army theology of women in leadership informs our practice.
Colonel Julie Campbell has previously been appointed National Gender Equity Advocate, and a gender equity committee has been assembled which incorporates key Army leaders and external members.
- Colonel Julie Campbell (Deputy Chair) – National Gender Equity Advocate
- Lt. Colonel Kelvin Merrett – National Secretary for Personnel
- Lt. Colonel Donna Evans – National Head of Officer Personnel
- Major Gregory Morgan – Head of College
- Captain Anne Jeffrey – National Assistant Cabinet Secretary for Women’s Ministries
- Captain Steven Smith – National Head of Mission Resources
- Amanda Merrett – Assistant to the Social Justice Secretary at The Salvation Army
- Karen Jones (Chair) – Experienced consultant with a background in operating model design and implementation
- Alex Heath – Head of Economic Analysis Department at the Reserve Bank of Australia
- Daniel Leighton – General Manager, Local Area Coordination, at Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Rauf Soulio – District Judge at Court of Arbitration for Sport
To shape and guide the initiatives that will be rolled out across TSA in Australia, the committee members met on 9 February, 2018 to scope and prioritise identified gender equity initiatives. To help guide the decision making process, a survey was sent out to all female officers to elicit their views and feedback.
The Committee will meet every 4-6 weeks, with an expected 8 meetings per year.
For further information, please contact Julie.Campbell@aus.salvationarmy.org
You can keep up to date with the latest Australia One news and information by regularly visiting the Australia One website (australiaone.info), or your monthly edition of OTHERS magazine (others.org.au online or in printed copy).
You can also raise any questions you may have with your manager, either at your regular team meeting or outside of those meetings.
You can print a copy of this Program Update by using your internet browser’s print function.