Involves coordinating and leading a local recovery team that is supporting a disaster-affected community. This will include liaising with The Salvation Army Strategic Disaster & Emergency Management Team as well as other government and non-government agencies assisting in the community. This position is suited to someone who has experience managing people and teams, and is confident in leading and coordinating daily team activities, new member inductions and debriefs within a disaster response.
Key responsibilities include:
- Attending meetings as a representative of TSA – either internal with other TSA stakeholders and external with Government / other NGOs
- Liaise and communicate regularly with SE&DM Recovery Coordinator, Projects/ Logistics Support, and other agencies Team Leaders
- Build relationships with all key stakeholders to facilitate collaboration and cooperation with other recovery support agencies
- Provide practical care and support for team members eg. ensuring that they are communicated with, and have suitable rest, breaks, accommodation, food.
- Delegating tasks to other team members eg. On the ground logisitcs, reporting, training, and inductions of new team members
- Empowers team to work together as a group, utilise individual strengths/ skills, and welcome their input and feedback
- Accountability for TSA financial resources and equipment – ensuring adequate records are maintained according to SE&DM standards
- Provide a safe space for a team brief at the beginning of each day, and a team debrief at the end of each day
- Manage issues or conflict within the team or with other agency members on the ground
- Ensure that the team is adhering to TSA policy & procedure
- Provide daily reports to SE&DM
- Providing a good hand-over to the next team leader
Provides support to community members in disaster-affected areas from a trauma-informed care approach. This will involve assessing the needs of individuals and offering assistance in accordance with Strategic Disaster Management Team guidelines, and the values and mission of The Salvation Army. This position is suited to someone who has good listening and communication skills, and is committed to providing care, sensitivity and empathy when corresponding with people.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work within SE&DM values and guidelines to provide disaster recovery support services to disaster-affected people in a Recovery hub or centre
- Maintain data collection, documentation and administration requirements to SE&DM standards
- Provide any feedback in regards to service delivery, trends, needs, case studies to Recovery Team Leader/ SE&DM team
- Ad-hoc duties as required – attending meetings as a representative of TSA, providing reports, training and inducting new team members
- Ensure data is correctly and accurately recorded into SAMIS
- Provide any feedback in regards to service delivery to Recovery Team Leader/ SE&DM team
- Ad-hoc duties as required – providing reports, training and inducting new team members, assist with rosters and inventory