NAIDOC Week 2021
1213 Pages view
NAIDOC WEEK 2021
NAIDOC Week celebrates the history, culture and achievements of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
This year, NAIDOC Week will be celebrated from 4-11 July, with a theme of ‘Heal Country, heal our nation’.
Heal Country, heal our nation
'Heal Country, heal our nation' is a call for stronger measures to help all Australians understand that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have a unique way of viewing the land. They see it as their mother – who takes care of them by producing places for shelter, food, water and warmth – all of which sustains them. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples do not see the land and waters as commodities to be bought and sold, but to be harvested, cared for and enjoyed. Many refer to the land as Mother Earth and say that if we look after the land, it will look after us.
NAIDOC Week 2021 invites all Australians to embrace the true meaning of Country – a belief that dates back thousands of generations.
We've prepared some resources to help you engage with this important week.
- 10 ideas for NAIDOC Week Flyer
- PPT With prayers, scripture verses and information
- Social media tiles (Faceboook/Instagram/Corps website options available)
- ALT event checklist
- NAIDOC Week 2021 Video
- NAIDOC Week - Giving a Voice Video (interview with Shirli Congoo, Chris Congoo and Sue Hodges)
- NAIDOC History (for this resource and more, head to the NAIDOC resources page)
Category: Events / Campaigns