- Feedback only works when both parties are open and honest with how they are tracking and feeling
- You should be scheduling regular catch-ups with your volunteers, whether they are informal or formal
- Note: if you are requesting a formal and structured meeting, you should provide 2 weeks notice (preferably in writing) and outline the purpose of the discussion
- Listen to your team, identify needs and do your best to respond and meet expectations. If you need support, please reach out to your VR Advisor
- Volunteer Performance Review (coming soon)
- When a volunteer indicates their intention to leave your site/program, it is encouraged to conduct an exit survey.
- Review the exit survey and determine if changes need to be made to the volunteer position, workplace dynamics/culture, your management style or other. Aim to action any changes before you recruit a new volunteer for the position.
- Completed exit surveys should be filed in the volunteer's secure file
- Volunteer Exit Checklist (coming soon)
- Volunteer Exit Survey (coming soon)