All the above principles apply to Work for the Dole volunteers/participants. Recognising, valuing and acknowledging their contribution to TSA mission can often lead to ongoing and further missional opportunities.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind:
Supporting WfD Volunteers
- The goal for WfD volunteers/participants is to obtain paid employment and with your training and support, many will demonstrate to a prospective employer their ability to overcome previously perceived barriers
- If a WfD volunteer/participant leaves the placement, the jobactive Provider will arrange a replacement with a new job seeker who has expressed interest in the activity (wherever possible).
Note: There will be NO additional placement fee provided to the Host Organisation.
- Recording attendance for WfD volunteers/participants is essential as this directly impacts their payments.
- Complete attendance records using the WfD Supervisors App rather than hard copy timesheets where possible
- If an incident has occurred, it must be reported to the Lead Provider within 24 hours of the incident
- The Host Organisation, not the Provider, is responsible for the management and supervision of any WfD placement. However, Providers are expected to assist if any issues arise.