Advertising the position is the first part of recruitment. You have a number of options for advertising the position, both online as well as local advertisements. Before advertising, you should have a Position Profile or Activity Brief completed. If not, please go back to Plan.
Online options include:
- TSA website
- Seek Volunteer
- University Job Boards
- Industry-specific platforms
- Social media (a cost may be attached)
To recruit online, complete the Request to Advertise form or contact VR Helpdesk to discuss your options.
Local options include:
- Contact your VRA to discuss local recruitment strategies
- Local flyers
Note: individual sites cannot host their own Seek Volunteer ads online. Any advertisements must be endorsed by VR before being hosted. The VR Helpdesk can help you facilitate this.
- Review the applicants who have applied to the position and identify who best meets the outlined criteria
- It is recommended to prepare a set of short questions to ask the applicant prior to the interview. These questions should be brief and relevant to the role. See Recruitment Email Screener.
- Create a shortlist of applicants you will progress to the interview stage
Interviews can be conducted in a number of ways, for example:
|Interview type||Appropriate for|
|Face-to-face||Appropriate and preferred for all volunteer positions|
|Virtual||All roles (not applicable for child-related and/or vulnerable person-related positions)|
|Phone||Once-off & event volunteers (not applicable for child-related and/or vulnerable person-related positions)|
|Online Questionnaire||Once-off & event volunteers (not applicable for child-related and/or vulnerable person-related positions)|
To conduct a successful interview, you will need to:
Note: if it is a child-facing position, you are required to ask specific questions - please contact your Safeguarding Consultant.
Ask yourself these questions: