QLD Conversational English Class Start-Up Pack
- English Class Registration Form - Template.docDownloaded 54 times
- English Conversation Class Roll - Template.docxDownloaded 58 times
- Participation Certificate - Template.docxDownloaded 72 times
- How to start an English class.pdfDownloaded 42 times
- Education.zipDownloaded 59 times
- Health Services.zipDownloaded 45 times
- Housing & Tenancy.zipDownloaded 48 times
- Icebreaker.zipDownloaded 73 times
- Cover pages.zipDownloaded 37 times
- Employment.zipDownloaded 51 times
- Money & Banking.zipDownloaded 56 times
- The Salvation Army.zipDownloaded 29 times
- Safety - home public and child safety.zipDownloaded 44 times
- Public Transport.zipDownloaded 70 times
- Translation & Interpreting Services.zipDownloaded 46 times
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.zipDownloaded 29 times
- Australian Law.zipDownloaded 19 times
This conversational English class program was created by the TSA Inclusion and Diversity team for use throughout the Salvation Army. It has been designed to help corps and centre leaders as well as volunteers facilitate conversational English classes. These classes provide us with an opportunity to meet a range of needs in our communities while also building relationships with a broader range of people...
The program is divided into 10 sessions relevant to Australian migrants including Australian Law, Housing, Employment, Transport and 'Making Salvos your home church'. Each session includes facilitator lesson plans and printable handouts are separated into beginner, intermediate and advanced level work for ease of use.
The packs are specific to NSW, VIC and QLD. Resources for other States/Territorry are under development.
Classes are able to be flexible and adapted to the needs of each location but we recommend keeping numbers between 8-12 participants where possible to ensure connection and optimise engagement.
Downloads Available on this page:
- State Specific English Lesson packs - QLD
- How to start an English class reference sheet
- Participant registration sheet
- Class Attendance sheet
- Participation Certificate
For more information and support, contact your state Diversity & Inclusion Engagement Coordinator:
Cynthia Gunawan (QLD) Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Katharine Dale (NSW/ACT) Katharine.email@example.com
Nina Conquest (VIC) Nina.firstname.lastname@example.org
David Bruford (TAS) David.email@example.com