QLD Conversational English Class Start-Up Pack
- English Class Registration Form - Template.docDownloaded 69 times
- English Conversation Class Roll - Template.docxDownloaded 88 times
- Participation Certificate - Template.docxDownloaded 85 times
- How to start an English class.pdfDownloaded 54 times
- Education.zipDownloaded 79 times
- Health Services.zipDownloaded 70 times
- Housing & Tenancy.zipDownloaded 66 times
- Icebreaker.zipDownloaded 104 times
- Cover pages.zipDownloaded 54 times
- Employment.zipDownloaded 68 times
- Money & Banking.zipDownloaded 75 times
- The Salvation Army.zipDownloaded 47 times
- Safety - home public and child safety.zipDownloaded 59 times
- Public Transport.zipDownloaded 93 times
- Translation & Interpreting Services.zipDownloaded 72 times
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.zipDownloaded 37 times
- Australian Law.zipDownloaded 38 times
This conversational English class program was created by the TSA Inclusion and Diversity team for use throughout the Salvation Army. It has been designed to help corps and centre leaders as well as volunteers facilitate conversational English classes. These classes provide us with an opportunity to meet a range of needs in our communities while also building relationships with a broader range of people...
The program is divided into 10 sessions relevant to Australian migrants including Australian Law, Housing, Employment, Transport and 'Making Salvos your home church'. Each session includes facilitator lesson plans and printable handouts are separated into beginner, intermediate and advanced level work for ease of use.
The packs are specific to NSW, VIC and QLD. Resources for other States/Territorry are under development.
Classes are able to be flexible and adapted to the needs of each location but we recommend keeping numbers between 8-12 participants where possible to ensure connection and optimise engagement.
Downloads Available on this page:
- State Specific English Lesson packs - QLD
- How to start an English class reference sheet
- Participant registration sheet
- Class Attendance sheet
- Participation Certificate
For more information and support, contact your state Diversity & Inclusion Engagement Coordinator:
Cynthia Gunawan (QLD) Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Katharine Dale (NSW/ACT) Katharine.email@example.com
Nina Conquest (VIC) Nina.firstname.lastname@example.org
David Bruford (TAS) David.email@example.com