South Australia Conversational English Class Start-Up Pack
- Australia and SA Law.zipDownloaded 23 times
- Cover pages.zipDownloaded 17 times
- Education SA.zipDownloaded 13 times
- Employment SA.zipDownloaded 14 times
- Health Services SA.zipDownloaded 15 times
- Housing and Tenancy SA.zipDownloaded 14 times
- Ice breaker games.zipDownloaded 14 times
- Money and Banking SA.zipDownloaded 16 times
- Public Transport SA.zipDownloaded 16 times
- Safety and Emergency SA.zipDownloaded 14 times
- The Salvation Army SA.zipDownloaded 17 times
- Translating and Interpreting Service SA.zipDownloaded 14 times
This conversational English class program was created by the TSA Inclusion and Diversity team for use throughout the Salvation Army. It has been designed to help corps and centre leaders as well as volunteers facilitate conversational English classes. These classes provide us with an opportunity to meet a range of needs in our communities while also building relationships with a broader range of people...
The program is divided into 10 sessions relevant to Australian migrants including Australian Law, Housing, Employment, Transport and 'Making Salvos your home church'. Each session includes facilitator lesson plans and printable handouts are separated into beginner, intermediate and advanced level work for ease of use.
The packs are specific to NSW, VIC, QLD and SA. Resources for other States/Territorry are under development.
Classes are able to be flexible and adapted to the needs of each location but we recommend keeping numbers between 8-12 participants where possible to ensure connection and optimise engagement.
Downloads available on this page:
- State Specific English Lesson packs - SA
- How to start an English class reference sheet
- Participant registration sheet
- Class Attendance sheet
- Participation Certificate
For more information and support, contact your state Diversity & Inclusion Engagement Coordinator:
Cynthia Gunawan (QLD) Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Katharine Dale (NSW/ACT) Katharine.email@example.com
Nina Conquest (VIC) Nina.firstname.lastname@example.org
David Bruford (TAS) David.email@example.com
Alphonse Mulumba (WA) Alphonse.Mulumba@salvationarmy.org.au
Category: Training / How-To