Spiritual Life Development - Discover, Deepen, Deploy
- Breath Prayer Idea.pdfDownloaded 6 times
- Go Pray Ideas.pdfDownloaded 9 times
- Go Pray Short-List Ideas.pdfDownloaded 9 times
- Practising Solitude.pdfDownloaded 6 times
- What is Hospitality.pdfDownloaded 10 times
- What is Prayer.pdfDownloaded 7 times
- What is Sabbath.pdfDownloaded 6 times
- What is Scripture.pdfDownloaded 5 times
- What is Service.pdfDownloaded 7 times
Spiritual Life Development
"This is our speciality: getting saved, keeping saved, getting someone else saved, and then getting saved ourselves more and more." - William Booth
Spiritual Disciplines are “ways” of learning about and leaning into God.
The goal of Spiritual Disciplines is transformation and healing. They assist the Christian disciple in that process of being completely conformed to the image and likeness of Christ.
By themselves the disciplines do not and cannot change us. They can however, help us to hear, focus on, be aware of and experience God.
The disciplines that help us grow in our Christlikeness can be summarised as:
Inward Disciplines (eg. meditation, prayer, fasting, study of God’s Word)
Outward Disciplines (eg. simplicity, solitude, submission, service)
Corporate Disciplines (eg. confession, worship, guidance, celebration)
On this page you will find a range of downloads to help you practice these disciplines.