Spiritual Life Development - Discover, Deepen, Deploy
- Breath Prayer Idea.pdfDownloaded 15 times
- Go Pray Ideas.pdfDownloaded 16 times
- Go Pray Short-List Ideas.pdfDownloaded 16 times
- Practising Solitude.pdfDownloaded 14 times
- What is Hospitality.pdfDownloaded 15 times
- What is Prayer.pdfDownloaded 16 times
- What is Sabbath.pdfDownloaded 11 times
- What is Scripture.pdfDownloaded 10 times
- What is Service.pdfDownloaded 13 times
Spiritual Life Development
"This is our speciality: getting saved, keeping saved, getting someone else saved, and then getting saved ourselves more and more." - William Booth
Spiritual Disciplines are “ways” of learning about and leaning into God.
The goal of Spiritual Disciplines is transformation and healing. They assist the Christian disciple in that process of being completely conformed to the image and likeness of Christ.
By themselves the disciplines do not and cannot change us. They can however, help us to hear, focus on, be aware of and experience God.
The disciplines that help us grow in our Christlikeness can be summarised as:
Inward Disciplines (eg. meditation, prayer, fasting, study of God’s Word)
Outward Disciplines (eg. simplicity, solitude, submission, service)
Corporate Disciplines (eg. confession, worship, guidance, celebration)
On this page you will find a range of downloads to help you practice these disciplines.