VIC Conversational English Class Start-Up Pack
- Cover Pages.zipDownloaded 41 times
- Education.zipDownloaded 33 times
- Employment.zipDownloaded 24 times
- Health Services.zipDownloaded 31 times
- Housing & Tenancy.zipDownloaded 30 times
- Icebreakers.zipDownloaded 33 times
- Money & Banking.zipDownloaded 29 times
- Public Transport.zipDownloaded 36 times
- Safety & Emergency.zipDownloaded 33 times
- Translation & Interpreting Services.zipDownloaded 17 times
- English Class Registration Form - Template.docDownloaded 20 times
- English Conversation Class Roll - Template.docxDownloaded 21 times
- Participation Certificate - Template.docxDownloaded 19 times
- How to start an English class.pdfDownloaded 22 times
- Australian Law.zipDownloaded 35 times
- The Salvation Army.zipDownloaded 28 times
This conversational English class program was created by the TSA Inclusion and Diversity team for use throughout the Salvation Army. It has been designed to help corps and centre leaders as well as volunteers facilitate conversational English classes. These classes provide us with an opportunity to meet a range of needs in our communities while also building relationships with a broader range of people...
The program is divided into 10 sessions relevant to Australian migrants including Australian Law, Housing, Employment, Transport and 'Making Salvos your home church'. Each session includes facilitator lesson plans and printable handouts are separated into beginner, intermediate and advanced level work for ease of use.
The packs are specific to NSW, VIC and QLD. Resources for other States/Territorry are under development.
Classes are able to be flexible and adapted to the needs of each location but we recommend keeping numbers between 8-12 participants where possible to ensure connection and optimise engagement.
Downloads Available on this page:
- State Specific English Lesson packs - VIC
- How to start an English class reference sheet
- Participant registration sheet
- Class Attendance sheet
- Participation Certificate
For more information and support, contact your state Diversity & Inclusion Engagement Coordinator:
Cynthia Gunawan (QLD) Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Katharine Dale (NSW/ACT) Katharine.email@example.com
Nina Conquest (VIC) Nina.firstname.lastname@example.org
David Bruford (TAS) David.email@example.com
Alphonse Mulumba (WA) Alphonse.Mulumba@salvationarmy.org.au